Sunday, April 28, 2013

Where have you been?

I haven't posted on this blog for months.  I continue to study and research, and have discovered some of the most wonderful things about the blessing and invitation to fast.  I wish that I could say I have gotten better at going without food.

I have been struggling lately, really struggling.  I know I would have a greater peace if I would fast more.  Not that I don't go without food, don't get me wrong.  But I am missing HOME so badly.  I was thinking about honoring our mother and father in the sense that the world was very much a mother to all of us.  She provides food and water, warmth and comfort, shade from trees, soft grass to walk on.  What mother wouldn't do that for us.

When I am feeling somewhat sad, I want comfort and that often comes in the form of food.  Comfort food from Mother earth, something no tampered with by the hand of man, can taste delicious.

As I fast, or contemplate fasting, seeking for that time with the Savior, sometimes I fast, or feast on the finer things provided by Mother earth.  This month it has been raw goat's milk.  Honestly, it felt like a kind blanket wrapped around me.

Also, I have spent a great deal of time in my garden this spring.  The colors are beautiful.  I grew a plant called and Ichium, or more commonly known as a tower of jewels.  It started to lean, so it really looked like the leaning tower of jewels.  Then it toppled, but I am going to save the seeds.

But it has fed my soul to be out in nature, and the flowers are starting to blossom, the bees are coming around, and I guess you could say I was fasting from the chaos of the world, and feasting with my loving Mother earth, feeling the love from God and enjoying the fast.

If you have had a remarkable experience and you would like to share it on this blog, I would love to take a look at it.  Send me a comment.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're back, and what a beautiful way to share what you've experienced. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete